Together at Frontier Psychiatry
We take an active role in crafting the culture of our practice rather than waiting for it to organically emerge. We prioritize the experience of our team equally to the experience of our patients.
We deliver quality psychiatric care to rural areas through community integration, innovation, and the selfless pursuit of our goals. To do this, we place high importance on our team culture. This document outlines our culture and how we live our values every day.
Below are the values of our practice. These are the specific principles and behaviors that we care about the most. The more these values sound like you, and the people you like to work with, the more likely you will thrive on our team.
We honor our commitments to those we serve.
- We do what is right, always
- We are known for authenticity and transparency
- We acknowledge mistakes freely and openly, with grace
- We only say things about our teammates that we would say directly to them
- We always share relevant information, even if it's hard to do so
- We build trust through our communications and actions
We seek to understand, and assist.
- We promote a culture of psychological safety
- We listen and seek to understand before reacting
- We are able to be vulnerable with one another
- We go above and beyond for our patients and our team
- We nurture and embrace different perspectives to make better decisions
- We are responsive and courteous to everyone
- We treat everyone with respect regardless of their place on the organizational chart
We embrace opportunities to improve and grow.
- We welcome challenges with enthusiasm and compassion while proactively finding a solution
- We think outside of the box to discover new solutions to challenging problems
- We strive to continually improve and embrace change
- We identify root causes and go beyond treating symptoms
- We use data to inform our intuitions
- We challenge "the way it's always been done" and suggest better approaches
Excellence through service.
- We care intensely about our patients and our teammates
- We seek what is best for our patients
- We are fully present for our teammates, including during virtual meetings (we don't get distracted or multitask)
- We respectfully challenge one another to break down barriers
- We provide clear and compassionate feedback to colleagues
- We strive for work-life balance
- We do not send or respond to work-related emails, chats, or calls outside of business hours
We recognize that it’s easy to write admirable values, and it’s harder to live them. The real work happens in truly living out each of these behaviors every day. Everyone at Frontier, regardless of their place on the organizational chart, is held to these standards of behavior and we openly and graciously give and receive feedback if our teammates are falling short. We want everyone to help each other live our values and hold each other accountable for being role models.